ViSP (Visual Servoing Platform) is a technological solution used in robotics and augmented reality to control a robot using a camera.
In concrete terms, ViSP is an open-source, multi-platform image analysis solution (written in C++ language) that allows you to extract visual information to control a robot and perform many actions:
– Assemble parts, inspect (e.g. automotive assembly line)
– Tracking moving parts for augmented reality
– Locate 3D objects
– widely used open-source solution (GPL license)
– benefits from more than 15 years of research in visual servoing & computer vision
– quick start
– allows the rapid prototyping/implementation of image-guided robotics applications.
– ViSP is offered under a dual license, with a GPL (free software) license for rapid prototyping, but also with a proprietary license to develop customer applications and sell them
– technology that is easy to exploit and integrate into your project